i 30 Day Book Playlist Challenge -- Day 5: Musician in Novel - narfna
narfna

narfna

Food, books, TV, awesomeness.

The Anubis Gates (Ace Science Fiction)
Tim Powers
The Thirteenth Tale
Diane Setterfield

30 Day Book Playlist Challenge -- Day 5: Musician in Novel

The Name of the Wind  - Patrick Rothfuss By Patrick Rothfuss: The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2) - Patrick Rothfuss

Day 5: Name a favorite book you've read featuring a musician as a main or side character.  If you can't think of any, a book with a musical theme or that was based on a musical is good too.

- - -

First, if you haven't read these books yet, what are you waiting for?

Second, and I think I said this in my initial review, or my second? This remains the only book to fully capture the way I feel about music. The main character, Kvothe, plays the lute, and he's basically a prodigy at it. But what I love about it is . . . well actually I love a lot about it. First that we actually see him practicing to become a great musician. It doesn't just happen, and we get details about it. Second, that his music (and his parents' music) plays a central role in the plot. Third, that because of both of these things, the scene in the middle of the book where the THING happens is totally and completely earned. The first time I read it I had to put the book down and run around screaming because it had worked me up so bad (in a good way).

And I would be lying if I didn't want a set of these puppies so I could at least pretend that everything in this book is real:

Source: http://rosepetals1984.booklikes.com/post/670300/a-30-day-book-playlist-challenge-